Friday, June 19, 2015

The Adventure of Life Continues...

The road before me is pulsing with inspiration and possibility. Much has transpired since my life-changing solo journey across country. I've spent quality time both on and off-road counting my blessings and leaping into various adventures. I've dearly missed blogging. Sharing the Journey is important to me, and so I'm back in the blogger seat again.

Writing in the ‘Wren Perch’

In appreciation of the present, I peer behind me from whence I've come. Waving bon voyage in 2012 to family and friends, an idyllic living environment, wonderful job, and steady income was a bold leap to take and an essential step in my personal and spiritual evolution. Traveling 8-months across country vibrantly alive to each moment reawakened my gypsy spirit.

 

"Our destination is never a place but
rather a new way of looking at things."
                                                             Henry Miller

Rising up to set myself free of daily routine to follow spirit’s lead breath-by-breath, step-by step, awakened deep levels of trust in myself and the unknown. Gratitude for openness, connection, and synchronicity played a huge part in my time on the road as well. Many reunions and friendships were made, and it is my intention, as with previous blogs, to reach out and keep in touch. The above quote pretty much sums up my unquenchable thirst for adventure. Embracing adventure welcomes new horizons that come in many ways, forms, and sizes. That’s the part I like best. I never know what’s around the corner.

The newest of horizons has me living in partnership with a man named Ran (together we are Ren & Ran). How’s that for a cosmic joke? A women named Ren(ya) meeting a guy named Ran(dall)? The Universe has quite the sense of humor. Meeting Ran was magical, beyond my wildest dreams. Together, we live in a community amidst 62-acres of southwest desert on the rim of canyon wilderness. Living in a 200 sq. ft. tiny house that Ran finished building one week before I arrived on the scene is a brand new journey. This micro-solar, sustainable, off-grid lifestyle provides an abundance of ‘tudes’ – (gratitude, solitude, simple-tude). Rooted on southwest sacred ground now for 2 years, I now understand why during all those years living on the east coast I would say that my spirit lived in the southwest. It does indeed.


Living with Ran is nothing short of a great adventure. In earlier days he climbed mountains and mushed dogs. Ran is the John Muir-like wilderness guide I envisioned long ago. Not one day goes by that I’m not astounded by his honed outdoor knowledge and skill.


My eyes are opening to a whole new world and I am stronger, clearer, and most grateful for this chapter in my life. Life in a tiny house might be difficult for some. For us, it’s ideal. Easy and eco-friendly to clean, heat, cool, and all around manage. Being part of the tiny house movement has dramatically increased my awareness and vigilant conservation of earth’s resources. Ran and I share the view that the natural world is the greatest entertainment of all, far more than inside a beautiful box with walls and doors. Don't get me wrong, we deeply appreciate the warmth and comfort of our sweet, cozy, shelter called 'Casita de Amore' (House of Love).

Our relationship flows in symbiotic rhythm. Some days are spent on creative projects at home base. Other days the map just seems to jump off the shelf, and before we know it, we’re on the road. I love traveling solo, and having a travel partner has doubled the fun!!

It is here in New Mexico that I am thriving in my dedication to living simple, joyous, and free. The dream of writing a book about my new life continues to be a start and stop process. It appears that I am to stay focused on living the dream instead of writing the dream, for the more I imagine penning a book the further it slips away. That, my friends, is an invitation to let go & trust in divine order and timing once again.


Living amongst the immense beauty and power of wilderness is reconstructing my awareness and responsibility for honoring spirit and loving earth. This place of splendor where land and sky stretch as far as you can see, where coyotes howl and ravens shrill, where light and shadow dance on mountain majesty, where elements are in charge and demand your respect, where juniper, sage, pinon pine, and cactus create this Land of Enchantment, I feel quite blessed to be living in this desert paradise.


In these transformative times, it is most important to me that I live where I feel a strong, deep, connection of resonance with the land and community. It is here in the Village of the Shining Stones that my roots and shoots are growing. Speaking of growth, it is also here that I am experiencing creative renewal in growing a home business. A greater willingness to step up and do what it takes to manifest my life-long yearning of working for myself is well underway. Digging my talons into the sustaining power of commitment, my entrepreneurial spirit is immersed in creative vision and manifestation.


Handcrafting fiber art prayer bundles has been a sacred calling since 2011, although it is now that I am bundling gung-ho to keep up with orders. The prayer bundle muse is keeping me delightfully immersed. Designing, networking and marketing bundles at home and on the road is a lot of work, and I love it! Heartfelt thanks to my man Ran for providing the space and partnership support for my creative plunging. And heartfelt thanks to my son, Eitra, for building me a creative house (website) to showcase my growing body of soul-inspired creations in the social media world. These two special men in my life are great beams of support for my creative emergence to whom I am most grateful.

<<<<<<<>>>>>>>

In closing, I quote a dear soul brother who I recently met on a visit to Ojai, CA.

“We are humbly unfolding this great creation we are all a part of with empowered faith in what we are and what we are becoming! Thank you for being a part of this evolution into our hearts to discover our infinite love of life and the wonderful learning and growing process we are all a part of. The earth is holding a space for us to become our truest selves. I am so grateful to be a part of this time on the planet!” 
– Matthew Flower


.... Sharing the Journey  ....
In doing so, we inspire one another to 
stretch and grow. It is a blessed joy to 
be honoring the path before me.
As I honor may path, I honor yours.

I would love to hear from you.
If you are thus inspired, post a comment!

1 comment:

  1. So beautiful Renya, love reading about your continued journey. May peace be your journey!

    ReplyDelete