Sunday, June 21, 2015

Summer Solstice Sunrise & Father’s Day

Beckoned awake by sounds crackling outside the window, I behold a beautiful sight. Facing the East is my fire tending man who has built a fire on earth to honor and greet the sunfire in the sky. Jumping into my clothes, I’m out the door to join my soul brother in welcoming this morning’s solstice sunrise. The smell of pinon and juniper, native trees to these desert lands, dance in the air. Thank you Ran for calling forth your expression of gratitude for this day. It is an honor to join you.


Once breakfast around the fire is done…
Ran takes up his drawknife and like
the fine builder he is, proceeds to refine
the wood beams for 
ramada in the making.
I remove conifer needles 
from the spine for 
prayer bundle-making.


Prayers of this morning’s sunlight 

go out to every father.

May every Father be Blessed 

in Joy, Appreciation, and Goodness.


No comments:

Post a Comment